An automotive industry pioneer for more than six decades; founded in 1935. The manufacturer of 2 iconic brands, each with distinctive hallmarks that make them admired and desired throughout the world. Together, they form one incredible business to experience and grow with and with one unique organisational approach. This business does things its own way. It sums up how they do business, wherever they do business. And it is something they live and breathe every day.
As part of the Facilities Management team, who's function is to support the Automotive Manufacturing business, this is a new management position to ensure appropriate cost budgeting and commercial management is in place to meet the current and forecast pipeline of project works. Construction Projects include new £500m greenfield production facilities to smaller new build and refurbishment works.
As the Cost and Commercial Lead, you will be assertive and able to demonstrate confident negotiation, communication and analytical skills, together with strong business acumen. Your key responsibilities will be to foster an internal cost and commercial community of professionals, who will support the Manufacturing site strategy managers in the creation of the Manufacturing Strategy and Non-Production Capital Budgets. Able to lead and give technical direction to a diverse collaborative group, you will be expected to take a leading role in many forums, representing the interests of Manufacturing whilst balancing the requirements for product development, business profitability and the delivery of solutions.
- Lead the Project cost and commercial teams.
- Development of cost plans to support/inform/substantiate new project proposals.
- Accountability for the robustness and accuracy of business unity budget to forecast performance.
- Deploy and provide assurance of project governance.
- Report to Strategic Board.
- Set strategic aims, objectives and visions within the cost and commercial business function.
- Lead interface with other departments.
- Ensure cost and commercial actions are aligned with Business objectives.
- Develop cost and commercial capability within the team and provide guidance.
- Lead production of project performance data and KPI's.
- Coordinate and validate project cost and commercial reporting.
- Interrogate commercial outputs as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level or suitably experienced in a Quantity Surveying role.
- A member of a recognised commercial body i.e. RICS.
- Track record of delivering cost control and commercial services to projects.
- Understanding of the project cost and commercial needs of the business at a strategic level.
- Overall understanding of commercial systems, contracts, setup and interfaces.
- Understanding of current demands and trends from the market within cost and commercial management.
- Highly motivated and resourceful with an ability to present the outputs at all levels.
For a confidential conversation regarding this position, please contact Marie Buckingham at Recruit Build, attaching a current CV to apply.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.