Senior Quantity Surveyor
My client is a global business with a strong track record of delivering construction and engineering projects to the construction industry. The company carry out work across all sectors. With a projected turnover in their North West region of £65million this year with 80% already secure, they have ambitious growth plans and an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in the North West.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, initially, you will be responsible for the commercial aspect of a £6m Leisure centre on the outskirts of Manchester City Centre.
Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor you will have an assistant Quantity Surveyor reporting to you.
- Working as part of the project team to ensure all commercial matters and procedures are correctly dealt with
- Attend pre-contract and design, pre-start and on-site progress meetings
- Estimating costs and controlling all variations to contracts to ensure cost recovery
- Procurement of materials and all sub-contract works, ensure the scope of works are clear
- Negotiating prices and preparation of sub-contract works
- Ensure sub-contractors meet selection criteria
- Liaison with site management, accounts and other members of the project team to obtain information and keep interested parties informed
- Submission of monthly valuations and submission of applications/invoices
- Preparation of management reports including cash flow forecasts and project margin reports
- Negotiating settlements on cost related disputes
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate must have run their own projects between £2-£15m
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge
- You will have experience in tender negotiations
- You will have a main contractor background
- You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, have good communication, organisation and leadership skills and will enjoy being on site.
In return you will get a competitive salary and have access to training in order to progress within the business.