Are you looking for your next challenge, career development and the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment without working late nights and unsociable hours? As Sous Chef you will have a passion for food and enjoy inspiring a team to deliver great results and exceed customer’s expectations. Joining our fast paced, passionate team working at an amazing location you will work with the head chef to support with management of the day to day operation of a busy kitchen.
Internally you'll be known as Chef.What it's like to work here
This Jacobean-style house with its colourful gardens and working watermill is one of our largest properties. Many roles at Anglesey Abbey are customer facing, with all the teams working hard to maintain the superb standards of service. This is an opportunity to make a real difference within an ever-evolving environment where your ideas and input will be valued.What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Using your creative skills, you’ll use local produce to develop dishes to inspire visitors with our spirit of place. Working alongside the Head Chef/Catering Manager you'll ensure our menu reflects the seasons, and each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
As a team, you'll strive for a culture of exceptional service and work effectively to deliver great results. You’ll be constantly seeking and developing new income opportunities and working to achieve financial targets and increase margins by minimising waste and controlling costs and resources.
Working alongside the team, you'll ensure everyone is compliant with relevant legislation and internal processes including food hygiene and COSHH procedures. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers and other team members. You’ll be proud to share our valuable work with our customers, and look to maximise sales with new ideas so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking forAs an experienced Sous Chef, you’ll be passionate about food and be driven to exceed customer’s expectations by delighting them with the delicious food you create, prepare and serve: You'll need to be;
- Customer focussed with great verbal and written communication skills
- A great team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Qualified in food preparation and cooking to City & Guilds or NVQ L2 or equivalent
- Experienced in successfully delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
- Proud to deliver exceptional customer service
- Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking