Credit Administration Manager
The Credit Administration Manager provides credit administration, credit control, collateral management, monitoring and operations support to all banking units by preparing facility letters and security documents, inputting credit limits into the system, disbursing loans, monitoring recoveries, unmarking clearing cheques, maintaining databases, oversight of relevant markets/prices/indices, monitoring collateral/covenant positions, administration of the Bank's credit approval system.
International bank and financial institution with offices in London and across the UAE.
DescriptionAs a senior member of the Team, the Credit Administration Manager will be assisting the Senior Manager, CRAD with the performance and oversight of all activities of the London CRAD team, including:
- Ensuring that all credit administration, credit control, collateral management and monitoring activities are carried out efficiently, accurately and within the timelines stipulated
- Ensuring that the terms of Service Level Agreements ('SLA's') with Business Units are followed and set in place corrective processes for any deficiencies
- Ensuring that relevant MI relating to exposures, documents and securities required by GCD, senior management and local management committees is provided promptly
- Ensuring that the action is initiated on keeping all securities (including mortgages, guarantees, shares) valid and enforceable and monitoring conditions precedent, covenants, risk triggers and exception reports
- Liaising with other departments for resolving any inter/intra-unit issues and with CRAD and MI reporting Units in other locations
- Regularly guiding team members in order to allow them to deliver quality output and meet all their objectives efficiently
- Promptly responding to team's deliverables and responsibilities, including by providing backup in the event any team member is unable to attend to their responsibility due to vacation, illness, reallocation of duties, project work, etc.
- Action and monitor the requests received for preparing facility/security documents
- Check the facility/security documents prepared by others and ensure that the Bank's procedures and guidelines are adhered to and all approval conditions are accurately documented
- Monitor creation of securities like mortgages/pledge etc.
- Arrange for extension of the validity of the mortgages, valuation of securities
- Safekeeping of all client facility documentation including security etc.
- Make suggestions to improving existing processes or make suggestions to incorporate new processes
- Proactively identify potential gaps/risks in policies, facility/security documents, processes/procedures, SLAs, exception/MI reports, etc. and take steps to improve these
- Identify deviations from approved processes and rectify
- Review internal or other audit comments and rectify/ manage deficiencies
- Ensuring manuals/guidelines/SLAs are clear to self and all team members and are regularly followed
- Ensuring that the CRAD comments
- Monitor the expiry dates of guarantees, collateral, covenants, risk triggers, etc. and pro-actively follow up for timely renewal/top-up/close-out/compliance
- Developing reports to monitor and follow up the expiry details of, guarantees, insurance policies, collateral, covenants, risk triggers, etc.
- Monitor and follow up for updated valuation reports for collateral
The Credit Administration Manager should have;
- Legal/Paralegal experience preferably in a bank and/or documentation experience, with emphasis on both Real Estate/Lombard facilities to Private Banking/ High Net Worth Individuals and Syndicated/ Bilateral facilities to Wholesale clients.
- Educated to degree level
- At least 8 years' experience in similar function gained within a banking environment, or in front office, middle-office or risk
- Solution finding mind-set
- Experience in dealing with Wholesale/SME/Private Banking Credit Facilities with emphasis on both Real Estate/Lombard facilities to Private Banking/ High Net Worth Individuals and Syndicated/ Bilateral facilities to Wholesale clients a distinct advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- An able team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise work
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure
- Accurate organised individual, flexible and happy to undertake any task in support of the team members and thus the client
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Should have a positive 'can do' attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required
Competitive Financial Services salary and benefits.