Legal Counsel - Outsourcing
Our client is a multinational company offering an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join their highly regarded legal team based in Canary Wharf in London. You will be required to provide timely and commercial legal advice, to assist in the negotiation and drafting of commercial and contractual matters and to deal with risk management, governance and compliance for the division.
- Responsibility for legal support on a broad range of commercial outsource transactions;
- Providing commercial legal advice;
- Assisting in the governance of transactions at local and group level;
- Working closely with colleagues including throughout the Group and with customers;
- Occasional management of external legal resource on particular projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of relevant areas of law including outsourcing, contract, commercial, intellectual property, employment, data protection and bribery and corruption.
- Experience of working with the public sector, PFI and UK Public Procurement.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills.
- Ability to deal with risk management, governance and compliance.
- Experience of commercial outsource transactions.
- Experience in leading on complex transactions
- Previous in-house experience
- Team-spirited but also able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Commercially astute and keen to be involved in the business.
- Resilient, self-starter, flexible and with positive attitude.
- Able to think on their feet to assess risk and exercise sound judgement.
- Enthusiastic about negotiation of and advising on large scale contracts.
Our client envisages that candidates with between 2 and 4 years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.