My client, a leading provider of information management services and solutions to maximise the utility of data and provide decision making insight across asset and service lifecycles, are looking to recruit a Project Manager.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of medium and complex IKM projects to the agreed budget, timescales and quality standard.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Take full responsibility for the technical definition, documentation and successful completion of medium and high complexity projects (typically greater than 6 months, with significant business, political, or high profile impact, firm deadlines and high risk dependencies.)
- Provide effective leadership to the project team, and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Ensure that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are prepared and maintained. Provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage and change control procedure, and ensures that projects are delivered and accepted within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project.
- Ensure quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Monitor and control project resources against the project budget and manage the expectations of all project stakeholders.
Essential Experience Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
- A sound knowledge and understanding of project management methods and leadership skills
- APMP or Prince 2 qualified or equivalent
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Stakeholder management
- Experience of managing complex IT Projects
- Experience of working within the defence industry sector
We are advertising this opportunity in line with the Race Relations Act Section 41 exemption. Applicants would be required to meet special nationality rules and therefore this vacancy is open solely to British Citizens.