A busy role with a leading global biotechnology company with an excellent reputation for employee progression. A line management position allowing the post-holder to shape and develop others including staff currently studying post-graduate accountancy qualifications. Your day-to-day role will span across different projects and interact with different teams across various commercial operations.
A prominent company developing biotechnology and pharmaceutical products, with a presence in numerous countries worldwide and established offices in the UK. The opportunity for progression onwards from Finance Manager level is impressive as this company has a sizeable finance setup at their UK offices, and recognises high achievers.
A Finance Manager role where someone who can multi-task on a daily basis with various teams outside of finance, as well as direct and manage a team of accountants, will thrive and enjoy their work. Whilst support will of course be on hand from senior management where required, this role is largely suited to someone who can make decisions and act on then generally with minimal supervision. Core duties will likely include:
- Line managing a small team preparing monthly management account packs, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of information
- Driving month end reporting efficiency, and making sure processes are smoothly followed
- Lead team commentary on figures (and any variances) versus budget and forecasts
- Building close-knit relationships with operational teams to ensure accurate forecasting and budgeting proposal are put forward to senior management
- Leading continual analysis of processes and procedures across your team's activity, and proposing and implementing new structures where appropriate
- Involvement and leadership of ad-hoc projects
To be a successful Finance Manager in this role, you will have:
- An accountancy qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Ideally worked in a Top 10 practice and be looking for your first industry role
- Direct line management experience
- (If not from practice) currently working in a similar industry of FMCG, in a similar Finance Manager role with a successful team under you
- Impressive presentation and interpersonal skills; able to interact with various decision-makers across a business outside of the finance team
The employed Finance Manager can expect to receive a competitive basic salary of upwards of £55,000 p/a + car allowance p/a + benefits package.
To apply for this Finance Manager position please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the relevant recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.