Officer Research and Insight Analyst
Officer – Research and Insight Analyst
Birmingham, West Midlands
£18,398 - £24,240 per annum Plus 26 Days’ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days’ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Childcare Voucher Scheme (subject to statutory tax rules), Additional Benefits Package
Great Britain’s gambling industry is in a constant state of change, fuelled by shifting consumer behaviour and the rapid growth of technology. It’s high profile politically too, and the legislation controlling gambling is constantly under scrutiny. Within this uniquely challenging and evolving environment, our client’s role is to ensure that gambling is crime free, fair and open - and that children and vulnerable people are protected. Now they need you to play a key role in their future, driving the change needed to ensure that our client can meet the growing complexity of the market and their developing regulatory remit.
Our client is now looking for an Officer – Research and Insight Analyst to enhance their reputation as an evidence-led, risk-based organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an analytical professional with strong Excel, Tableau and data interrogation skills to further their career with a renowned regulatory body.
As an Officer – Research and Insight Analyst, you will join the Evidence, Analysis and Knowledge Management Programme Team. The team is tasked with supporting our client’s Compliance, Knowledge Management, Risk Assessment and Development and Linking Evidence policy workstreams.
Your role will involve providing and developing comprehensive research and statistics and particularly manipulating, analysing and interpreting statistical information.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Developing analytical products
- Maintaining and delivering data collection, data quality and analysis activity
- Providing analytical support across the organisation
- Disseminating products at all levels and communicating your findings to a range of audiences
- Supporting policy colleagues in the production of Business Impact Assessments
- Maintaining your knowledge of the latest advances in gambling research and methodologies
Interested? To be considered, you must have:
- Strong technical abilities including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, a working knowledge and capability with Tableau and SPSS and experience of using other Microsoft packages
- Experience of carrying out statistical data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative, of large datasets, identifying trends and patterns of information, recognising and extracting critical factors and interpreting and expressing those factors in a business context
Communicative and able to convey complex information, as an Officer – Research and Insight Analyst, you will need excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to stimulate and enthuse others and engage with them effectively. Flexibility, creativity and organisation will all be key attributes, as will an independent work ethic, the ability to manage your own workload and maintain a high standard of work whilst under pressure.
Knowledge of SQL would be beneficial to your application.
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 24th February, 2017.
To apply for the role of Officer – Research and Insight Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Officer – Research and Insight Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Insight Analyst, Research Analyst, Insight Analyst, Analyst, Analysis, Data Analysis.