Shift Manager Nights
Purpose of the role:-
To lead production staff to deliver a quality and customer focused efficient packing operation on a day to day basis ensuring that production is planned for the products to be packed on time to meet scheduled collection times and budgetary constraints.Main roles and responsibilities:-
- Accountable for developing and maintaining a highly competent and engaged team by identifying areas of improvement in order to maintain a high skill base during weekends, holidays or increased shift levels.
- Manage specific shift within MMUK Packhouse and supporting departments to achieve operational targets & ensure procedures are adhered to.
- Contribute to the achievement of budgetary targets & business plan.
- Monitor daily performance of the packhouse and taking a proactive approach to improve underperforming areas through coaching, training and redeployment of skills as necessary.
- Oversee the resourcing within the department to ensure that Working Time Directive and ETI Base Code obligations are met.
- Develop and maintain a highly competent and engaged team through by use of a written training matrix and competency testing in order to maintain a high skill base during weekends, holidays or increased shift levels, ensuring that customer service levels and production efficiencies are maintained.
- Production management experience in a labour intensive, high volume, fast moving environment supplying retailers, probably gained within the Food, Fresh Produce or Horticultural sectors.
- A working knowledge of Warehouse management systems such as Rubicon would be an advantage.
- Working to British Retail Consortium manufacturing standards and managing the audit process from production / operations team perspective.
- Experience within a management role within production environment is essential along with operating within a KPI’s driven structure.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Proven experience in driving through continuous improvement activities.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Understanding of working to KPI’s and Objectives
- Up to date knowledge of the capacity, packing speed and working methods with fruit and flowers.
- Understanding of budget targets and KPI’s that influence the operation.
- A cost focussed individual who continually assesses the impact of their decisions on the financial performance of the pack house.
- An innovative individual who responds positively to a challenge and remains calm and focused and has the ability to think outside the box.
- An approachable individual with integrity who is willing to listen and actively encourage subordinates to contribute to the success of the team.
- Personally driven to succeed with a can do passionate approach.