Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
Quarry Bank is one of Britain’s greatest industrial heritage sites situated just outside Manchester. Today, visitors can step back in time with a tour of the Mill and Apprentice House as well as strolling through the historic Gardens, woodland and Styal Village. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work at Quarry Bank as the property embarks on a major project with the Heritage Lottery Fund to open up further elements of the site. It’s a friendly team of full and part time staff and over 300 volunteers working together on the property. Why not join us?
What you'll be doing
Working as part of a small kitchen team, our Kitchen Assistants at Quarry Bank support our team of chefs and assist them with the production of all food items served and cooked to order in our very busy catering outlets across the property. Quarry Bank is also a large conference and banqueting venue that hosts over 40 weddings a year and runs many corporate events and meetings during the week. This is a demanding, fast paced role and the post holder will be expected to support with the production of high quality menu items served at weddings, conferences and events hosted at the property for up to 200 people. The post holder will also be expected to support with the production of cakes in our own bakery as well as assisting with daily sandwich preparation and production. This role will involve working on an hourly rota basis, with regular weekend and some occasional early morning working is to be expected.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact our Head Chef, Robert Cornes on 01625 445846.
You will be known internally as Catering Assistant
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing Date: 24 February 2017