Southwark has an incredibly diverse range of buildings, offices and leisure facilities, making it a real mix of old and new. Located south of the River Thames, Southwark extends into south-east London, encompassing some of the capital’s cultural hotspots, vibrant communities and acclaimed green spaces.
Southwark is home to world-famous attractions such as the Tate Modern, Borough Market and Tower Bridge. The area is undergoing major regeneration, as evidenced by the rise of the landmark Shard building
A large number of employees are based in buildings at Tooley Street and Queens Road. These offices help the Council to be more efficient while staff benefit from the modern facilities and excellent transport links at both locations.
Build Recruitment are currently working in partnership with Southwark Council in their search for a Contract Manager, based at their new flagship building on Tooley Street. The role is a permanent position and will pay between £34,725 – £41,304 per annum. The Contract Manager will provide CFM with vital in depth knowledge of NEC3 contracting, commercial tendering advice and ensures support contracts provide efficient, effective services and value for money support to the Tooley Street main building and the council’s non-residential properties.
- On behalf of the Corporate FM Contracts Manager lead and manage the delivery of all FM contracts and procurement activity developing robust relationships with external contractors and internal stakeholders for the whole of the council.
- Be responsible for the management of the CFM contracts, ensuring compliance to Contracts Standing Orders (CSO), legislation and best practice. Ensuring cost effective processes and systems are in place to achieve best value in all contracted services
- To liaise and consult with the CFM contractor Service Desk team and CFM Technical team in order to review contractor work orders, spend profiles and to monitor progress and performance.
- Responsible for the developing, delivering contract performance targets in conjunction with the contract monitoring team. Define and implement improvements to business processes where necessary
- Contribute to CFM’s strategic objective of developing its capacity as an intelligent client by ensuring the provision of high quality and timely, property-related management and contract performance data.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BIFM qualification or evidence of ongoing professional development in Contract Management
- Previous experience of developing customer/client relationships in a large multi-site blue chop or government organisation.
- Previous experience of NEC3 contracts, or other Government Procurement Solution contracts in a multi-site blue chip or government organisation
- Experience of managing circa £8m multi supplier contracts
- Ability to identify and apply best practices within the specialist area of contracting and procurement
- Previous budgetary control of capital and revenue spend in excess of £5m
We welcome applications from all sectors, so if you’d like to have a more confidential conversation about this position, please contact our retained advisor Daniel Bamford – of Build Recruitment on.