My client, an established consultancy business, are looking to recruit a Project Scheduler to assist the PMO Performance Analyst in providing planning and scheduling support on work packages from initial bid through to contract close out.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain schedules for projects and resources
- Create key date schedules for planning and execution phases of the project
- Create options, baseline and mitigation plans for consideration at meetings
- Produce key event progress metrics and reports when required
- Produce Earned Value reports when required
- Support project and service managers in the creation and maintenance of schedules, focussing on the removal of resource constraints and over-allocation
- Produce critical path views of projects for group review and for monthly progress reports
- Capture actual dates and timescales accurately, recording reasons for delays and where target dates where improved. Provide data that will be used for 'learning from experience' and the Project Performance historical library
- Produce critical path adherence graphs for senior manager consideration and the formal monthly progress reports as required
Candidates should ideally be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise reports
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project) and Visio
An understanding of the lifecycle of complex IT projects and services using techniques including APM, PRINCE2 and ITIL is highly desirable.
My client would also be willing to consider recent graduates within a relevant discipline who are keen to progress a career within a PMO environment.
We are advertising this opportunity in line with the Race Relations Act Section 41 exemption. Applicants would be required to meet special nationality rules and therefore this vacancy is open solely to British Citizens.