Occupational Therapist 37.5 hours per week
Shaw Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Occupational Therapist to join the dynamic team at The Granary and Crofters Lodge in Wraxall.
To manage a caseload of patients with complex needs, using evidence based/person-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate treatment with minimal supervision. To professionally supervise junior members of staff. To contribute to the maintenance and development of local OT service.
Skill Level 1: Newly qualified OT pay rate £25,000 (£12.82 per hour)
Skill Level 2: If applicant is newly qualified OT with 6-18 months OT work experience - £26,325 (£13.50 per hour)
Skill level 3: If applicant is fully qualified with more than 18 months experience working as OT £27553.50 (£14.13 per hour)
- Take responsibility for the routine line management of a designated member of junior staff reporting relevant issues to the Home and Branch Managers including sickness monitoring and time management.
- Participate in development activities within clinical area, representing OT in the senior clinical team and any working parties
- To be responsible for the planning and achievement of local OT objectives.
- Develop relationships with Occupational Therapists in statutory services and promote the Shaw healthcare Service.
- Take an active role in the approved appraisal process for a designated staff member.
- Complete full assessments of patients' occupational performance including areas of self-care, productivity and leisure.
- Utilise relevant standardised and non-standardised assessment tools.
- Devise core treatment programmes, utilising graded activities.
- Communicate with patients in a way that respects their views, autonomy and culture.
- Implement group and individual treatments to achieve therapeutic goals.
- Contribute to all aspects of risk assessment and management, within your clinical area.
- Evaluate and modify interventions, utilising appropriate outcome measures.
- Practice in accordance with legislation and good practise guidance relevant to your clinical area.
- Contribute to the production of treatment plans and risk assessments in conjunction with the multi disciplinary team.
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in accordance with Shaw healthcare Policy and professional standards.
- Attend and provide OT written reports for Clinical Reviews and Team meetings such as CPA meetings, MAPPA meetings in accordance with Shaw healthcare and professional standards.
- Contribute to the development of professional documentation in consultation with the Home and Branch Managers.
Teaching and Research
- To frequently take an active part in the teaching of permanent staff, students and multi professional groups.
- Maintain professional portfolios in line with HPC and COT requirements.
- To promote and maintain good public relations with purchasers and members of the public.
- Keep abreast of relevant new initiatives and recommendations from COT and other relevant organisations, ensuring that practice is informed and current.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that the Company's health and safety systems and policies are in place and operating.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of others working with and around you.
- To promote interests and welfare and maintain goodwill of the Company.
- To understand your role in infection control and in reducing and managing these risks by implementing Shaw healthcare policies and Best Practice guidelines
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be modified from time to time by your line manager in accordance with the development of the service and the employee.