Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Title:Senior Quantity Surveyor
Hours:Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
Employer:Keepmoat Regeneration Southern New Build
Job Type:Full time permanent
Keepmoat is a fast growing top 10 UK housing and construction company. We design, build, refurbish and regenerate places to improve economic and social outcomes for people. Each year we build more than 4,500 new homes and over the years, we have built or improved over one million homes, schools and Extra Care homes for older people. We have helped thousands of first time buyers get their foot on the housing ladder and have also built over tens of thousands of homes for housing associations and councils, supporting local authorities across England, Scotland and Wales. Keepmoat employs over 3,000 people across Great Britain, with 9% of its workforce made up of trainees, apprentices and graduates.
Purpose of the role:
To take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of designated projects within a Division in order to control and maximise the company’s profitability, protect the company’s legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues.This is to include managing other commercial and operational resources, ensuring applications and valuations are completed in line with the contract terms and also ensuring sub-contractors receive prompt payment and are procured in line with our contractual obligations and commitments to Subcontractors.In addition ensuring cost reports and the like are real time, managed, completed on time and monitored.
- To manage a commercial team to deliver the commercial objectives of the business on designated project(s).
- To develop strong customer relationships with key clients and Consultants.
- To take overall responsibility and accountability for the commercial elements on a project(s).
- To offer assistance, support and mentoring to other team members
- To take a keen interest in matters outside of merely just the commercial issues.
- To promote inter-departmental teamwork in the strongest possible manner with appropriate behaviours.
- To assist the Operations Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- To aspire to the highest standards of timely Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts, communicating effectively to minimise risk and disputes.
- Change management control securing the best possible outcome for the business.
- Profit and delivery maximisation and efficiency
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
- To manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the Operations Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager / Operations Manager over contractual issues and take action as required
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
- Process subcontractor requests for payment in accordance with their sub-contract terms.
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designation projects
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Attend project and company related meetings
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by any contractual or financial arrangement
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation and commercial risk.
- To communicate with all staff, clients, consultants and residents in a professional manner
- Assist in ensuring company with Health & Safety
- Any other reasonable management request
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group collecting all contract cash on time.
- Assisting the development and training of trainee and assistant surveyors
- Maintaining and developing professional relationships with the Client and Consultants to help future business development
- Ensure that proper and composite records are maintained on all relevant matters including areas of risk.
What we are looking for:
·Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
·Up to date relevant knowledge of commercial legislation.
·Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management preferably working towards professional membership if RICS/MCIOB.
·Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
·Proven track record of commercial responsibility on Main Contracting projects.
·Preferably relevant experience is a variety of forms of construction such as concrete frame, timber frame etc.
·Excellent numeracy skills.
·Able to influence people.
·Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
·Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines.
·Professional attitude and approach to work.
·Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
·Current and Valid UK driving licence.
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
·Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
·Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
·Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
·Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
·Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
·Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Please note that due to the high level of applications, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of your application please assume your application has not been successful.