Senior Buyer - Ingredients
This opportunity is within one of the most dynamic innovative food businesses in the UK. This role will allow you to use your procurement knowledge, along with your stakeholder management skills to develop key categories of ingredients. This position will enable you to enhance your procurement skills and have a clear career path ahead of you, with the opportunity to manage other categories and future management responsibility.
Based in Central London, they are one of the UK's leading FMCG businesses and owns some of the UK's leading food products that you will recognise on the shelves of every supermarket. In an environment where passion thrives, this business encourages autonomous working and those that are willing to work hard, always prosper. Everyone in the business has a real passion for good food and innovation, enabling the business to continue its growth.
- Manage supply base across a number of key ingredients and products
- Working with colleagues to ensure the required quality, price, and service standards are met or exceeded at all times
- Negotiate contract terms (e.g. pricing, rebates, promotional support, exclusivity etc) with the designated suppliers to achieve optimum commercial benefit and ensure that the commercial interests of the business are secured and protected
- Lead product/category reviews to deliver continuous improvement in product range, quality and pricing
- Work with Buying Manager /Category heads on the progressive development of the company's buying
Work directly with NPD team to enhance the new products that are being developed.
- Procurement background
- Experience within FMCG or food buying
- International Experience
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong Analytics
- Degree Educated
up to £45,000 plus bonus