Based in St Neots, Cambridgeshire, our client, a newly formed business with impressive plans for growth, is looking to recruit a Financial Controller, to manage the day to day running of their Finance Department.
They are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACA or ACCA) who has previous experience of running a varied team and supporting a commercially minded Finance Director. The job will involve producing timely, robust and compliant financial reporting to align with current financial practice as well as being responsible for Group financial reporting with relevant financial analysis and recommendations for corrective actions. The candidate will ensure the finance team is developed to maximise potential and to act as the Finance champion within the Group and with external stake-holders.
This company is a start up with an impressive client base and the scope and funding for rapid development. This is a hands on role covering all aspects of finance and setting up the processes and systems and recruiting a team to cover the planned growth.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACA or ACCA) with demonstrable experience managing the day to day running of a finance function and working with different levels of management, internal customers and suppliers. The candidate will have the ability to strive to seek innovative solutions, drive continuous improvement and able to demonstrate a high degree of intellectual curiosity. The ability to work within a team showing willingness to promote team ethos and support others to achieve their goals is vital as is excellent planning and organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload effectively and work to tight deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts and audit information and first point of contact for Auditors
- Preparation of Budget & Forecasts Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and reporting them the Senior Management Team
- Setting up all reporting, processes and systems
- Preparation & submission of UK Vat Returns
- Maintenance of Nominal Ledger & coding
- Cash flow Management
- Review all payment runs
- Review & authorise all expense analyses & reconciliations before posting
- Responsibility for the Monthly Payroll
- Liaison with Bank and HMRC
- Provision of ad hoc financial information to the business
- Recruitment and management of the finance team
For more information about this role or any other Financial Controller jobs in Cambridgeshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability