Luxury Cruise Reservations Specialist
Luxury Cruise Reservations Specialist up to £29k plus comm central London
Our client requires a luxury Cruise Specialist to take responsibility for all existing and future clients’ experiences. Exceptional Cruise knowledge required through an ability to convert enquiries into profitable sales and deliver against expectations of consistently high client satisfaction and promote repeat business. Please note to be considered for this role you must have experience of Tailor Made Cruise Holidays.
• To expediently, professionally and politely answer all telephone calls, including those overflowing from other teams.
• At the earliest opportunity, to call clients who have requested a brochure with a view to nurturing this initial enquiry in to an active sales leads.
• To proactively ensure familiarity with all products in your region – most specially those promoted by the website, in brochures, magazines and any other marketing collateral, including special offers.
• To routinely attend product training sessions, including participating on company sponsored familiarisation trips.
• Use effective questioning techniques to effectively establish client requirements and then use your product knowledge to create a bespoke itinerary, matching these established preferences and requirements.
•To maintain an efficient, professional and friendly relationship with the client throughout the booking process. Maintain regular contact with clients (and travel agents) to keep them informed of progress and the status of booking, including updating on developments.
• To call the client pre-travel (2/3 days) and post-travel (2/3 days) to seek feedback, pre-empt any problems and maintain a courteous relationship.
• Encourage the client to complete a post-travel questionnaire, ideally resulting in at least 50% of clients doing so.
• Take responsibility for any post-travel problem solving in a professional, expedient and diplomatic manner, always looking to exceed expectations and deliver total client satisfaction.
Administration / operation procedures
• Load all enquiries accurately – including names /addresses/marketing codes/travel plans/other relevant information.
• Take responsibility for all flight reservations via GDS creating and maintaining PNRs. Use knowledge of fares to ensure that the correct fare is filed and that ticketing deadlines are observed. Ensure that any amendments or cancellations are communicated in order to maintain accurate and up-to-date files and minimise financial loss.
Revenue & Profitability
• Proactively manage the progress of itineraries from initial quote through to bookings and repeat business - specifically following-up all itinerary proposals sent to clients to ensure maximum conversion to bookings in order to maximise revenue and profit. This involves the very deliberate application of sales techniques.
• Be aware of individual and team sales targets, always working to ensure these are achieved or exceeded.
• Maximise margin through adherence to the set margin guidelines and eliminate mistakes through the precise use of our systems.
• Ensure that client balance payments are received 8 weeks before departure (or as soon as practical with regard to late bookings)
• When including international air travel in an itinerary, pay particular attention to the fare rules and ticketing deadlines, always ensuring payment has been received to cover associated costs.
• Collect and increase client information to ensure relevant information is retained
• Achieve sales targets in the knowledge that exceeding these leads to greater reward.
• Elicit and record specific reasons why a proposed trip did not result in a booking in order to learn directly from the client and use this knowledge in the future.
• Sign off the file post-travel, securing repeat business and recommendations.