As Café Manager, you'll have a passion for food and enjoy inspiring a team to deliver great results and exceed customer’s expectations. Joining our fast paced, passionate team working at a beautiful location, you'll maximise income opportunities and help us cater for the growth in visitor numbers at Standen. We don’t work late evenings, split shifts or Christmas Day either!
To see the role brought to life please visit:https://www.facebook.com/148968995151175/videos/1082626375118761/What it's like to work here
Each year, Standen is visited by over 120,000 people, and that number keeps growing. Standen is an arts and crafts family home set in a beautiful hillside garden.
An 18th-century barn is home to the Barn Café which serves a range of seasonal dishes. On a chilly day our visitors come and warm themselves with a hearty meal and a cosy wood burner. Last year the kitchen garden supplied over 400kg of fresh fruit and vegetables to our café so we really pride ourselves on delivering fresh locally sourced ingredients in our menu.What you'll be doing
Please note the salary for the role is circa £23,500 p/a depending on experience. You'll be known internally as Catering Manager.
At Standen, we're constantly looking for what to do next, and drawing up ambitious plans, catering being one of our focusses.
As the Café Manager your role is to provide leadership and support to your team. Your support means that the team can be left to get on with what they do best, while you manage the behind the scenes operations, from administration to people management. Working to make sure the team provide excellent meals, you’ll lead on customer service to provide a great welcome and maintain high standards of presentation in the food we serve and the experience we provide our visitors.
Please note: As part of the role, you'll be expected to work regular weekends and bank holidays.Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we’re looking for like-minded people to join us.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- The ability to see new opportunities and make strategic decisions for the future of your department
- A strong sense of leadership with the ability to inspire your teams to deliver the best service possible
- Excellent people management skills, and know how to get the most out of your teams
- Strong IT skills
- Financial management experience, working with budgets and meeting targets
- Experience of working as part of a leadership team, working across the property as part of the wider team
- Understanding of how to develop our commercial business, whilst delivering excellent visitor experiences
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking