Trainee Underwriter / Underwriting Assistant - Motor Insurance
Job Title: Trainee Underwriter
Starting Salary: £15,500 pa increasing throughout probation and training
Our client operates solely in non-standard, non-comprehensive private motor insurance. They are looking for a Trainee Underwriter to join their team based in Dorking.
Operating within agreed underwriting authority and according to the company's underwriting philosophy and strategy. Take personal ownership of handling quotations, proposals etc. Work as part of team delivering high quality service to intermediaries.
- Acquire motor underwriting knowledge
- Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by reference in line with the company's risk pricing
- Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level.
- Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries.
- Work to operational deadlines
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
- Make a positive input into the team's effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved
- Work flexibly within the team in a manner that demonstrates the company's brand values, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance
A good standard of education required including minimum 5 GCSE passes (grades A-C) including Maths and English.
Skills / Knowledge
- Basic technical/product knowledge
- Ability to understand and use established systems and processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads.
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately record information.
- Some office experience and use of telephone in a professional context desirable.
- Planning and organising
- Delivering excellent customer services
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
- Friendly nature
Training and support for continued professional development will be provided.
- Holiday entitlement is 22 days per year rising every other year by 1 day and capped at 25 days (pro rata for new joiners and part-time employees).
- Normal working hours are 35 hours per week to be worked 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Up to 8% bonus of basic salary based on individual performance.
- Group pension plan post probation matching up to 5% of salary payments.
- Overtime payments at 150% of the basic salary rate.
- Death in Service
- Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Flu Vaccinations
- Social Events
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience of; Trainee Underwriter, Junior Underwriting Consultant, Underwriting Assistant, Underwriting Administrator, Insurance Underwriter, Mortgage Underwriter, Financial Advisor, IFA, Financial Adviser, Planning Adviser, Financial Consultant will be considered for this role.