Our client has a unique opportunity available for an MRO Executive to join the team in Gatwick. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £18,000 - £24,000 per annum.
Based near Caerphilly, South Wales, our client provides Aircraft and Engine, end of life aircraft solutions to the commercial aviation sector involving the technical and financial analysis of aircraft and engineering materials management services. CarVal Investors, a subsidiary of Cargill, recently acquired a majority shareholding in our client as a platform for significant investment in the acquisition of aircraft and engines well beyond the eleven aircraft acquisition that our client recently announced with Hong Kong based Cathay Pacific Airlines. Our client has announced their Caerphilly based operations as the main distribution centre for a global aviation parts distribution centre.
Working within a small team reporting to the Head of Repairs, the MRO Executive will assist in the management of Customer Repairs, Core Repairs and Stock Repairs, whilst supporting the sales team with Repair status and Technical backup.
Office based, the role requires good communication skills, attention to detail, organisation skills and ability to maintain key relationships.
What are the responsibilities of the MRO Executive?
- Liaison with our client’s sales team regarding component status and customer order requirements
- Addressing and resolving sales department repair queries eg: Modifications, Turn times etc.
- Providing information to the Sales Team regarding Component Modifications and Interchangeability
- Logging quotes, quote review, approval and negotiation in line with set budgets
- Sourcing and obtaining pricing from MRO workshops for items requiring repair.
- Ensuring Repair Orders are raised as required
- Updating the company system and associated spreadsheets with status of repairs
- Progressing repair orders and updating Quantum accordingly
- Performing to KPI’s
- Any related tasks required necessary by the Senior MRO Executive, MRO Manager or Head of Repairs
- Ensuring the condition and modification of core repairs are the same as provided to the customer
- Managing Warranty Repairs
- Communication with suppliers regarding MRO activity
- Negotiation with Repair and Overhaul Vendors
- Providing Status updates for Customer Managed Repairs
- Quoting Customers for Repairs, Overhauls and Modifications
What skills do I need to have to become a MRO Executive?
Education and/or Experience:
- A practical interest in aviation and engineering.
- Relevant experience in the aerospace industry ideally gained with a stockist, MRO provider or Workshop
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience of Excel / Power Point / Word / Outlook
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with large volumes of work
- Highly organised and efficient
- Experience using Quantum
- Technical Experience with an Aviation Qualification
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join one the foremost aftermarket material supply and technical advisory organisations as their MRO Executive.