The main responsibilities are PNL Production and Distribution, Balance Sheet Control, Curve Contraction, Revaluation ownership, Price Testing and Management, Business Reporting.
My client are a mid sized Investment Bank based in the City of London. They have a new London based Product Control function which they are building out. This VP level Derivatives Controller role will play a significant part in the development of the team.
The Derivatives Controller will have the followings responsibilities:
- Transfer of Curve Construction and Reveal process from NY.
- Assist in development of more robust PNL process.
- Act as cover for Securities related tasks.
- Assist with Ad-hoc projects
- Run Daily Derivatives PNL Process
- Securities PNL Process to act as cover
- Involvement in the full transition of Product Control Tasks to London
- Build the Derivatives PNL so that the London Desk resume sign off
- Design and release of a new PNL reporting tool
- Fully document requirements for new PNL reporting tool
- Help with the handover of the daily Curve Building and Reveal run process
- Provide support and assistance in the development of the IPV function with Product Control.
- Maintain Documentation from a governance Framework perspective.
- Improve relationship between London Desk Support and London Product Control
- Assist with development of robust New Trade PNL client reporting, working closely with the Front Desk.
- Work on improving the Flash vs Actual PNL reporting.
- Maintain a working relationship with overseas office which will be fundamental in the handover of many tasks
The Derivatives Controller will have the followings experience:
The individual will be an experienced derivatives product controller.
They must have a long history of working closely with the Front Office, and have proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with Trading and Marketing Areas.
They must also have the ability to work autonomously and develop ideas independently, whilst at the same time being able to integrate into a team environment.
Financial Services / banking audit experience useful but not essential
Temp to perm also possible