Robert Half are pleased to be the exclusive partner to a reputable, well established and exciting FMCG brand. Their food products are world renowned, and due to increased success and exploration of new sales channels they seek to recruit a true finance business partner that will negotiate, challenge, partner and add value at MD level internally, while assisting with bids, tenders and marketing campaigns with the major retailers. Although this role supports trading activity, it is also the number 2 position to the Financial Controller.
- Preparation of robust financial models to assess profitability of product launches·
- Provide financial support and challenge on current and future business performances (i.e. Promotional) and customer plans ·
- Analyse, comment & challenge Promotional Trade Investment Strategies ·
- Review all pricing strategies as appropriate·
- Building and bridging (if needed) the commercial plans with the budget ·
- The forecast (run rate and special events) on a monthly basis at an agreed accuracy level·
- Ensuring Commercial managers plan and commit in line with the strategy (sign off process)·
- Sign off Trade Investment allocation across the business to maximize Turnover and Contribution as well as relevant non-financial KPI's ·
- Timely analysis and communication of promotional analyses - ensure all promotion post evaluations are aligned with sign off forms and actual spend highlighting variances and causes and consequences of activity·
- Effective communication of analysis·
- Identify the Commercial impact of NPD launch plans and new business opportunities and assess the financial feasibility of each·
- Conduct what if scenarios for NPD and promotions·
- Custodian of the NPD P&L·
- Monthly reconciliation, with the Financial Controller, of the numbers from the forecasting and spotlight system to the accounting system·
- Evaluate and update the level of accruals required for the promotional activities completed and planned.·
- Preparation of management reports including the analysis of sales and commentary on variances against plan and previous year with highlights on opportunities and risks.·
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts under this remit and involvement in preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and be able to deal with queries in their absence.
Salary & Benefits:
- A highly competitive salary of between £45,000 - 55,000 P/A based on experience and qualification
- a car allowance of £4000 P/A
- A performance related bonus of around 10%
- Company pension plan
- Health benefits
- Other great benefits on application
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.