Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a well-established construction company? Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for an experienced construction buyer. The role will require the Buyer to join a team responsible for the procurement of materials on projects worth £7 Million, and will be an ideal role for someone with a few years of experience either with a main Developer/Contractor or a Specialist Contractor with a working knowledge of commercial projects rail projects and residential projects.
Typical duties would include:
- Providing prices for all materials included in plans and drawings;
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products;
- Contacting suppliers and sub?contractors to obtain quotations and agree delivery times
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
- Providing advice to the project QS's on cost of individual items
- Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate costs on the project
- Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who have a good reputation of delivering high quality projects and who offer a competitive salary. Please apply for a confidential chat.