Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a well-established construction company? Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for an experienced Quantity Surveyor. The role will require the Quantity Surveyor to join a team responsible for the procurement of materials detailed analysis of packages of projects worth between £5 and £15Million, and will be an ideal role for someone with a few years of experience either with a main Developer/Contractor or a Specialist Contractor with a working knowledge of commercial projects rail projects and residential projects.
Typical duties would include:
- Commercial management of subcontractors.
- Review Commercial Risk, Value Management and Cost Control paperwork.
- To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts materials and plant orders.
- Knowledge of construction & contract law and various forms of conditions of contract
- Manage time & workloads for yourself & any "reports" in a structured manner
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues
- Deal with change management including adherence to the Programme "established approach"
- Take part in meetings & discussions regarding project performance & to provide commercial input into project strategy
- Produce monthly cost, valuation and cash flow reports.
- Attend and provide input at start up and close out meetings.
- Monitor cost of site resources.
- Maintain effective communications with project management.
- Provide advice on any contractual claims
- Understanding the implications of Health & Safety Regulations
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who have a good reputation of delivering high quality projects and who offer a competitive salary. Please apply for a confidential chat.