Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager
Established in 2011 as a property development, investment and consultancy company, our client is now widely recognised as being one of the most innovative property companies in the South East of England. Based in Surrey they currently employ around 15 staff and in addition they also employ site based staff as required for each development.
They are an exciting, dynamic, forward thinking property company built on strong traditional values with a wealth of experience. The residential development arm of the company has a focus on specific target areas in the South East which offer significant opportunities for growth. It currently has around £60 million in development plus another 100+ units in the pipeline from apartments to village houses.
In order to achieve their proposed growth and expansion targets they are now looking to appoint a dynamic Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the commercial team in a successful and expanding business. Current projects are in Surrey, Suffolk and Hampshire with further developments in the pipeline, mostly within the South East of England. This role will therefore require regular travel between the sites.
This is a key role and you will take full responsibility for the delivery and cost control of new and current developments with the prospect of being instrumental in the growth and expansion of the commercial team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, there is significant opportunity for career progression, to develop and grow the role as the company expands, therefore you will need to be a highly self-motivated established surveyor with high standards and the genuine desire to succeed.
You will be an established surveyor with a reasonable level of experience of residential development/construction, working either for a PQS or developer. Ideally you will have an industry relevant degree/post graduate qualification with considerable post qualification experience.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Compiling information for viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs. budget to the Board.
- Liaising with and reporting to banks for draw downs.
- Reporting to JV partners.
- Establishing and maintaining key supplier relationships.
- Maintaining budget control throughout development.
- Managing and overseeing the development of a Junior Surveyor.
- Building the team as the business expands.
- Preparing tenders and procuring sub-contractors/contractors, goods and materials.
- Monitoring contractors’ programmes and schedules, dealing with retentions.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliations.
- Preparing valuations of sub-contract works.
- Managing and resolving sub-contractor/contractor variations and negotiating final accounts.
- Producing financial performance review summaries for Board Reports.
- Liaising and working with the technical team to resolve issues.
- Setting up job files and all necessary records (with clerical support and in conjunction with Accounts)
- Updating and maintaining records.
- Promoting and acting in accordance with Company values, systems, policies and procedures.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- A relevant QS/BS degree
- Considerable post qualification experience
- A strong drive, passion and desire to succeed and achieve results.
- Ambitious and determined to build a long-term career with a progressive business.
- A leader and decision maker.
- Robust at a senior level.
- Outgoing and confident.
- Excellent communication, organisational and negotiation skills.
- Able to be flexible in a fast-moving environment.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- A team player, with drive and enthusiasm.
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality.
- Presentable and highly conscientious.
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return they offer:
- Basic salary of £60,000 - £80,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Project based bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday (in addition to statutory bank holidays)
- Car allowance,
- Fuel card
- Pension contribution
If you feel you match or indeed exceed these requirements and would like to apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter quoting reference number RD1717
Noble HR Solutions trading as Recruitment Doctor is acting as an Employment Agency in this matter