Business Development Manager
We're the UK's leading flash sales website and on a mission to become the UK's No1 destination for sales. We already work with 1,600 of the world's most desirable brands and have a database of 5 million addicted customers.
We recognised that consumers want great deals on amazing brands with next-day delivery, so we launched our marketplace in January 2017. This allows brands and retailers to pipe all their sale products into our platform, which we promote to our customer base and the brands and retailers ship the orders out immediately - this will redefine the sales calendar for brands and retailers as well as take a huge bite out of the outlet villages across Britain.
You'll be working against others and on your own to deliver targets in a pressured, high-energy environment with large cash incentives. Each day you'll identify which brands and retailers to target, find the optimal route to the top-decision-maker and convince them to work with us. We expect you to be calling and meeting people all day. Once they're signed, you'll be helping them set-up and manage their accounts to ensure they're really satisfied with the results and we are delivering our internal targets. The better the brands and retailers perform, the more cash you will make. It'll take lots of stamina, intelligence, presentation skills and some basic tech/excel acumen.
- Target and acquire future top sellers through relevant acquisition channels. Regularly follow-up on leads
- Establishes professional relationships with key stakeholders and executive sponsors within the clients' organisations and build long-lasting relationships
- Convert targeted sellers using a persuasive pitch
- Efficiently on-board vendors
- Build and maintain strategic short, medium and long-term client plans to deliver results for all parties
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service and management resources, in order to meet vendor performance objectives and expectations
- Meet profit and sales volume targets
- Forecast and track key client metrics
- Perform business analysis and develop strategic recommendations to drive continuous improvement to the Marketplace's performance
- Identify and grows opportunities within categories
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to clients
Do not Apply
- If you lack initiative and passion.
- If you like structure, rules and no-accountability.
- If you lack the hunger or ambition to think autonomously.
- If you don't want to make a lot of money.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 2-5 years' experience in an Business Development, Technical Sales or Marketplace role (or similar)
- Proven analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint - an excel test in mandatory)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Ability to work autonomously
- High degree of energy
- High confidence level
- Ability to multi-task