Location: Gatwick, Crawley
Salary: £8.09 per hour
The Alpha Group serves customers at 60 airports across 12 countries. We have catering, packing and distribution facilities in Australia, Italy, Singapore, South Africa, the UK, the USA and the UAE and we manage our customers’ global catering requirements with excellence and efficiency.
An opportunity has arisen at our Gatwick British Airways unit for Kitchen Assistants.
The role of Kitchen Assistant focuses on food preparation and plating, working in a small team with a group of chefs. Successful applicants will be required to:
• Prepare & assemble a range of food products
• Work as part of a team to ensure all products meet customer specifications to the laid down exacting standards
• Working unsupervised to work schedules and customer requirements.
• Observing all hygiene, health and safety compliance requirements and accurate completion of due diligence paperwork daily.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and competencies:
• Good team work skills but with the ability to work under your own initiative and unsupervised.
• The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
• Able to work in a fast-moving environment to tight deadlines, whilst ensuring continually high standards of quality and attention to detail are maintained.
• Good arithmetic skills
• Hold a current UK Criminal Records Check or be able to obtain one as well as a criminal record check from any country in which you have resided in the last five years.
The work will be on a roster basis, working 5 out of 7 days working shifts between approximately 6.00 hours and 23.00 hours to include weekend working.
If you have the relevant skills and experience don’t hesitate to “Apply Now” with an updated CV and Covering Letter.