Youth Programme Manager
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Youth Programme Manager to join their team in London. The successful applicant will join them on a full time fixed term contract basis covering maternity leave and will receive a competitive salary of £36,000 - £42,000 per annum.
When you join them, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 27,000 homes, 70,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association they have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But they also have a strong commitment to the ideals of their philanthropist founder. That means you’ll have every chance to achieve – while making a difference.
Their principles are simple: they believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards – not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector’s largest community regeneration programmes, they’re always keen to meet talented people who support their ambitions.
They’re recruiting a Youth Programme Manager to lead on the delivery of their ground-breaking 10 year Children’s Community programme on the Pembury estate in Hackney, working in partnership with the Local Authority, schools, health services and the private and voluntary sectors. They’re looking for a dynamic and experienced Youth Programme Manager to lead their existing initiatives and support their excellent youth team based at the flagship Pembury community centre, as well as the development of Children’s Communities on other company estates. This is a maternity cover position for 12 months.
Knowledge/experience/skills required by the Youth Programme Manager
- A track record of delivering successful youth and community projects, from the design phase through to implementation and evaluation.
- A track record of effective staff management.
- Experience of managing successful services for children and young people and an understanding of best practice.
- Knowledge of child protection, safeguarding, health and safety and other policies related to working with children and young people.
- Experience of engaging communities and capacity building.
- Experience of developing and maintaining partnerships within the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- The ability to work sensitively with culturally diverse communities and groups and demonstrate a strong commitment to equality.
- Highly motivated, creative and able to work as part of a team with the ability to manage own time and work load.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills including Word and Excel.
The deadline for applications is 5pm 27th February and interviews will be held on the 9th March 2017.
The successful applicant will need to be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
Closing date & time: 27/02/2017 - 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become their Youth Programme Manager please click ‘Apply’ now. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
They are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST