Controls Systems Engineer
Controls Systems Engineer Coventry £35,000 to £40,000 + benefits
The Controls Systems Engineer will provide design and engineering support for the delivery of large and small process plant, special purpose machines and industrial equipment projects, including electrical systems design, control system software design, PLC and HMI / SCADA. Key tasks include:
- interpreting client specifications to contribute to functional design specifications
- designing electrical control systems / amending existing designs using electrical design software
- producing detailed drawings in line with design specification
- designing control systems software from scratch
- providing supporting documentation / maintaining design records / maintenance manuals
- performing FAT and SAT on integrated systems
Our client, part of a larger engineering Group, is a leading manufacturer of high quality process equipment for the Aerospace & Automotive sectors carrying out turnkey projects worldwide.
The Controls Systems Engineer will hold a relevant qualification in an Electrical Engineering ( HNC, HND, BSc ) or related discipline and/or be an accredited member of IET with experience in electrical system design using PLC / HMI / SCADA platforms. Fully computer literate and familiar with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) you will need:
- good verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- able to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- experience of machinery risk assessments
There will be short periods of site work in the UK and occasionally overseas.
If you wish to be considered for the role of Controls Systems Engineer, please send your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 272436
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are encouraged with skills and experience in: electrical engineering principal controls plc programming FAT SAT electrical design system jobs controls engineer HNC Electrical Engineering IET PLC MHI SCADA Coventry jobs
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.