Business Development Manager
Location: London and Surrounding areas
Reporting line: Field Sales Manager
Realistic OTE of 40k in first year and increasing after this.
- Professional sales training and good commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills, a team-builder and team-player
- Knowledge of the Security Systems industry, and security solutions packages
- Basic knowledge of how to draw up estimates and business proposals
- Highly organized, efficient and effective, results-driven individual
- Flexible, open to new ideas and managing challenging situations
- Operates in accordance with Stanley Black & Decker Values and Business Conduct Guidelines and leads by example.
- Experience in sales, developing business for the local market through selling packaged solutions.
- Experience of adhering to a business strategy that has been focussed on a short sales cycle; preferably in the security-technology sector.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for developing and executing a sales plan to increase the Stanley Security Solutions portfolio, whilst ensuring the advancement of the targets for growth in revenues and operating margin.
- Developing sales leads within the assigned territory through self-initiated strategies, cold calling and referrals.
- Selling Stanley Security Solutions services and systems to achieve and exceed individual targeted goals.
- Developing and identifying new business opportunities within your region
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for New Business
- Maintaining an active lead generation plan.
- Providing timely and effective sales presentations to prospective customers to ensure that the product and services offered are thoroughly explained, understood and sold.
- Planning a sales approach designed to determine the prospective customers’ needs and requirements
- Conducting job surveys specifying the type of system required, and providing a cost proposal and layouts to be used as a basis for the contract and by the installation department in completing the job.
- Showing a thorough knowledge of all pricing procedures and strategies.
- Preparing sales reports in a timely manner to keep sales managers informed of sales activities.
- Co-ordinating with other departments to ensure the confidence of the customer is maintained. T
- Following up sales upon completion of the installation to ensure the system is working properly, explaining its operation to the customer, and maintaining a rapport that will result in continual referrals.
- Maintaining an up-to-date application knowledge of equipment and systems by attending company and branch seminars and by reading related publications.
- Operating within the general policies and procedures of the local branch as well as Head Office; guided by the generally-accepted practices of the alarm industry and local regulations.
- Fully utilizing the Sales and Marketing support team to help achieve this goal
- Providing regular (at least monthly) reports, forecasts and relevant sales information as requested.
- Controlling and following up your pipeline in order to ensure results are met in accordance with your sales targets.
To apply for the Business Development role please click the apply button below.