Alpha Schools is growing, and we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and aspirational Management Accountant to join our Head Office Team. Alpha Schools owns and operates 14 independent, co-educational senior and preparatory schools throughout the UK, having expanded rapidly in the space of just a few years. Each of our schools emphasise individual merit and the development of a child as a whole person, with a strong emphasis on safeguarding and pastoral care. As part of our Head Office team, you will help to oversee and support the business activities of all 14 schools in our group, and potentially support the acquisition of other schools. This is an exciting opportunity to define yourself professionally, developing your skills and your role in an environment that promotes independent thought and proactive working.You will work under the experienced eye of our Finance Director, helping to support and grow our head office team.Experience of Sage 50 is essential, as well as the ability to do the following to a high standard:
- Prepare and review Management Accounts.
- Prepare and review cash flow projections.
- Support the Finance Director in establishing budgets.
- Prepare and review Statutory Accounts Postings.
- Support and assist with the audit process.
- Monitor income and expenditure throughout the group’s schools.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place such that income is maximised throughout all schools for example establishment of letting.
- Support the implementation of financial plans throughout all schools.
- Propose revisions to budgets if and when this is necessary, and help to centrally prepare budgets.
- Qualified/Part Qualified CIMA or AAT.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- The ability to liaise with senior stakeholders.
- The drive and initiative to work independently and as a team.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and to hit deadlines every time.