Assistant Quantity Surveyor
This privately owned contractor is going through a measured expansion, and is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on a housing scheme in west London.
The successful candidate will demonstrate direct experience of different project values up to £30m, and different contract forms which need to include; management forms, 2 stage & single stage Design & Build, and Traditional forms of Contract. This person will also have over 15 years industry experience and will also be either MCIOB or RICS qualified.
The successful canidate will have worked for a top twenty main contractor like Sir Robert McAlpine, Mace, ISG, McLaren, Skanska, Volkerfitzptrick, Willmott Dixon, Galliford Try, Laing O'Rourke, Carillion or Balfour Beatty.
- During proposal stage, obtain trade contractor bids, help to compile the Interior company information section of the proposal document and collate the overall document.
- Confirm project insurance arrangements - understand insurance arrangements
- Advise client on contract procurement routes available
- Prepare and monitor bid package tender schedule
- Compile trade contract bid documents and carry out tender analysis and issue purchase orders
- Agree 2nd stage lump sum tenders or GMP's
- Place orders and instruct trade contractors. (Including compiling subcontracts/works, contracts/trade contracts)
- Assist with the value engineering
- Help to prepare financial section of project report
- Handle receipt and distribution of drawings and other relevant information and maintain control
- Attend design team meetings and trade contractor meetings
- Manage change orders in conjunction with the Construction Manager
- Prepare, submit and agree monthly costs reports
- Prepare, submit and agree periodic valuations for work completed to date with trade contractors and the client
- Instruct accounts to invoice clients
- Instruct accounts to pay subcontractors and suppliers - Evision and chased
- Prepare 'rolling' final account throughout project and agree at PC - subcontractors not upstream
- Close out financial account and retention releases
- Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Interior directors responsible
- Internal reporting via billing monitors, MCRs and interim CVRs - understand
- Provide feedback to trade contractors on completion
Essential skills and qualifications
- Experience of sub-contractor analysis
- Experience of negotiating 2nd line contracts
- Proven track record in producing tenders, quotes and formal proposals
- Relevant qualification (ideally degree, RICS membership)