Interim Inventory Accountant (Minimum 2 months FTC)
Interim Inventory Accountant (minimum 2 months FTC)
£35,000 - £40,000 pro rata for contract
Ambridge Harris has been engaged by the subsidiary of a large global business to recruit an Interim Inventory Accountant for their Bristol office to start asap. This is an exceptional opportunity to join large manufacturing business able to offer broad exposure. Reporting into the Financial Planning Manager, the role will assist continuous improvement projects within the Finance function and provide financial support to the business. Estimated to cover a minimum period of 2 months, this role requires the suitable candidate to be in a position to start at short notice.
- Audit & reconciliation of month end inventory returns from external locations
- Reconciliations of key General Ledger inventory accounts
- Calculation of monthly inventory provisions, e.g. slow move & net realisable value
- Inventory reporting - values, programmes, locations, type, KPI's
- Inventory forecasting and budgeting
- Analyse and understand period movements in stock levels
- Ensure financial controls are maintained and inventory processes comply
- To promote financial awareness and provide financial guidance, particularly relating to inventory issues, to operational managers and their respective teams.
- Provide finance support for inventory reduction projects, inventory forum and sales, order planning meetings.
- Experienced user of Excel
- Experience of working within a Finance function, ideally with an ERP system
- Good organisational & analytical experience with competency in dealing with large volumes of data
- Ability to work on own initiative, with flexibility in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- The successful candidate will have a good grounding in Finance and be a qualified member of CIMA, ACCA or similar (or studying to attain a professional accountancy qualification) or equivalent experience
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.