Account Manager - Life Sciences, Midlands
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, North, the UK Sales Manager is accountable for the achievement of the sales and expense budget through the recruitment, hiring, training, motivation and direction of Account Managers throughout the region.
* Drive and support retention of customer base.
* Identify/prioritize new business prospects.
* Design/implement a plan that ensures account managers are prospecting with a plan and at a level designed to meet territory and district growth objectives.
* Provide the leadership/drive for the successful introduction of new and existing value-added products/programs and the accountability to ensure budgeted goals are met.
* Organize and help deliver the required resources to aid account managers in accomplishing their service and sales growth objectives.
* Maintain face-to-face contact with key customers and prospects.
* Ensure the scheduling of and attend Annual Business Reviews of all key customers ensuring that account goals and objectives are identified and follow-up action plans are in place and followed.
* Ensure appropriate account service levels.
* Identify and communicate business needs and opportunities, as well as develop and implement customized solutions for our customers.
* Identify, train and motivate a staff of account managers.
* Develop and recommend an annual sales and operating budget.
* Coordinate programs and activities with Corporate Accounts and other districts.
* Provide accurate and achievable sales projections.
* Ensure compliance by Account Managers with SFDC opportunities, wins, losses, Business at risk and technical reports.
* Develop goals for future growth Strategy.
* Full onboarding and training of new team members in the UK.
* Supporting the Regional Sales Manager in other projects including safety initiatives, MDM BI roll out, business forecasting and P&L.
* BS/BA degree in management, engineering, chemistry, biology or related field.
* Successful field sales background
* Extensive experience in food, beverage, pharma, personal care product processing/manufacturing industries
* System sales in a technical environment
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
* Desire to succeed in a competitive environment
* Ability to take initiative, work independently and prioritize multiple projects with strong follow-through and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to train, coach, motivate and supervise sales managers to full potential
* Safe Driving record
* Skilled in Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Ability to travel as required, including overnights