A leading independent provider of building automation and building energy management systems (BMS).
Specialising in the provision of user-friendly, efficient and modern building automation, integration and maintenance solutions, this company prides itself on their ability to offer expert advice, knowledge and service on small and large projects alike giving each of their client's a bespoke energy management solution specific to their individual needs.
This company boasts an inclusive environment that is both fun and professional, with an approachable and involved management team.
As a BMS Estimator you will be responsible for creating budgetary and firm cost estimates for both projects and service/maintenance offerings. Working alongside sales specialists and design engineers, your role will be to support the sale by addressing the client's technical requirement and accurately forecasting the cost of the solution.
- Assist in the sales process by providing accurate and timely estimates of cost
- Provision of guidance on factors to be used for competitive estimates of future jobs
- Engagement with the sales to understand client enquiry and technical solution to accurately design and estimate a suitable solution
- Maintain product knowledge and technical skills
- Regular review and submission of revised estimates based on approved change request
- Look for opportunities to improve design to increase efficiency, simplicity and margin
- Develop bill of materials
- Gather vendor quotes for supply of materials and subcontracted labour
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive technical estimating experience in a BMS environment
- Qualified Electrical Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical solutions into detailed cost elements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good understanding of Engineering, Delivery and Support organisation and key processes
- Able to solve problems and resolve conflict
- Six Sigma Plus experience (Green Belt certification highly advantageous)
- Salary £35,000-£42,000 (DoE)
- Joining a fun and dynamic team
- Excellent communication with management