Risk management consultant
I'm partnering with a leading, independent Risk & Treasury practice to secure them two key hires into their London team. Reporting directly to the Head of Risk Management, you will be a key figure within the team; Managing and supporting key Risk Management Assignments.
- Advise and support our clients in the definition and execution of appropriate risk management strategies, which predominantly focus on interest rate and foreign exchange exposures.
- Ensure that robust project proposals are offered, and subsequently delivered, in accordance with professional standards in order to meet agreed objectives.
- Build new sources of business through methodical and systematic business development practices in the local financial sponsor market, making full use of the leverage offered by existing relationships in Europe, the US and Asia.
- Once a relationship is formed, you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the relationship ensuring that the business is the treasury advisor of choice for that financial sponsor.
- Be a key participant to the continued development and growth of the global business.
- Work closely with the other consultants in the development of strategies, setting objectives, policies and plans, including identifying and targeting potential clients.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, including hands-on responsibility for the development of interest and/or FX strategies.
- Highly professional approach - with successful presentations to financial sponsors and the Senior Management of operating companies.
- Ability to understand the financial risks faced by a business in order to ensure the definition of an appropriate risk management strategy.
- In-depth knowledge of different types of financial derivatives.
- Familiarity with hedge accounting.
- Experience acquired in the banking sector would be an advantage, although corporate treasury and/or consulting experience focused on risk management strategies is acceptable.
- Conceptual and able to communicate simply.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a balanced open personality, straightforward in style with a sense of humour; an excellent relationship builder.
- Relish the opportunity in which he/she can ultimately directly drive compensation.
- Willingness to travel