Product Development Executive - Commissioning Editor
Product Development Executive (Commissioning Editor)
Digital Content Development - based in London, Westminster
Salary £27k - £30k
An interesting role and a great place to work - We are looking for candidates that have at least one year of full-time content development, acquisition or marketing experience in a professional information/publishing company, ideally covering digital and subscription products.
Our client is a professional body that accredits professionals within the land, property and construction sectors worldwide. It regulates and promotes the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protecting clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics; and providing impartial advice and guidance.
To take responsibility for the processes of delivery and development of business critical content to ensure revenue and growth targets are achieved.
- To commission market-led new online content
- To ensure that budgeted products and commissioned content are delivered on time and to specification.
- To collaborate in the production of marketing plans and campaigns, and marketing and sales copy
- To ensure that publishing contracts are drafted, signed and circulated
- To conduct regular market research and gather regular feedback from customers
- To analyse market research, product testing and competitor activity
- To negotiate publishing agreements, in line with precedents and financial parameters.
- To contribute to the pricing of products and to sales targets.
- To analyse product sales and suggest remedial action where necessary.
- To be an ambassador for the Information Products Group within the Institution and at external events and meetings.
Candidates should have at least one year of full-time content development, acquisition or marketing experience in a professional information/publishing company, ideally covering digital and subscription products. Additional requirement include
- Market research and customer insight experience desirable
- An outgoing personality, goal oriented and a can-do attitude essential
- Strong project management and organisation skills
- Familiarity with standard publishing contracts
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.