Purchase Ledger Clerk
Exceptional AP Clerk - £18000 - £22000 - Fareham
Your new company
My client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of ingenuitive eyewear and related products and services. Their products are sold in over 100 countries around the world, with their reach extending into every continent. With this vast network they operate a well oiled outfit that represents one of the key employers in the Southampton area. With an excellent reputation on the local market, this highlights a fantastic opportunity to join a widely respected business.
Your new role
My client seeks an ambitious and forward thinking Accounts Payable clerk that desire a pressured and progressive environment, in which they can continue to develop and grow their experience. With the continental connections they do require an individual demonstrating the capability to effectively communicate with foreign offices and clients. Therefore, the role would appeal to an individual conversent several languages. Consider your experience in the following:
- Processing high volumes of invoices accurately and in line with company policies which will include CESA, SOX and departmental KPI's.
- Matching of invoices to receipted purchase orders
- Ensuring invoices are coded correctly in line with the relevant department's general ledger code structure.
- Proactively problem solving, with a good understanding of when to escalate to Team Leader/Supervisor or Accounts Payable Manager.
- Accountability for your own workload
- Assistance in the month end process which will include creation and inputting of journals.
- Awareness of internal customer requirements and resolving issues by means of visiting the various sites and communicate on a face to face basis with varying levels of staff.
- Assisting with the preparation of payment runs to facilitate approval.
- Reconciling supplier statements, making certain that all copy invoices are requested and any errors or omissions are investigated and resolved.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in the above is obviously beneficial, however my client is keen to take on an individual that brings energy and passion to the role, with a desire to develop and learn. Consider the competencies:
- High levels of computer literacy
- Able to work in a high pressure, high volume environment.
- Able to process high levels of invoices in line with the departments KPI's
- Understanding of 3 way matching within an accounts payable function.
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Dynamic and flexible approach
- Effective and professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure excellent customer service
Equally, an accounting qualification would be preferential, however a well polished QBE individual would be welcomed.
What you'll get in return
My client offer an array of benefits, coupled with a hugely dynamic environment with an excellent ethos around development and progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.