Head of Development
Head of Development
Due to expansion, an exciting opportunity for a Head of Development to join this rapidly expanding global telecoms/financial organisation, based at their office in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire. The company currently employs over 180 employees; with offices in Europe, Asia, India and the US.
The Head of Development has both a managerial as well as operational role responsible for development across the Groups' product delivery teams. The role includes leading the delivery teams of two core products, Financial Clearing and their Business intelligence tool and aligns their delivery methodologies, technical architecture and toolset as appropriate to the team and product.
The development methodology is currently in transition from Waterfall to Agile. The individual would have proven experience of driving this change and implement successfully across all the teams.
The individual will have strong domain experience as well as multiple disciplines across the infrastructure, development and financial practices for a business where delivery deadlines are non-negotiable.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about creating an efficient development and delivery unit with the aspiration of a more senior role. The ideal individual would also be able to lead and extract the best out of the team.
- Manage the end to end development for Key Products, Financial Clearing and Business Intelligence tool, ensuring the development teams are delivering per deadlines and high quality.
- To lead the development teams in a coherent manner to ensure similar processes and integration exists.
- Implement relevant objectives and KPI for the development department, measuring both timely and high quality targets.
- Agile coaching of teams - hands on help in getting product delivery teams to adopt agile development methodologies
- Oversee and manage team's capacity management, estimations and improvement including monitoring of delivery metrics
- Define the development methodologies including, estimating, specifications, testing, deployment
- Systems Architecture - long term plan to align technical architecture with development and systems strategy together with Head of Infrastructure to ensure stability and secure scalability of the platforms.
- Introduction of new technologies where appropriate to evolve the product platforms (Monitoring, analysis, bespoke services)
- Introduction of a service based, API driven architecture to abstract core functionality away from the database
- Align and work closely with the Chief Architect, responsible for the Data clearing platform, and teams to align development practices across all products in the company
Skills / Experience required:
- Mobile Operator Clearing and Settlement Systems experience beneficial
- Revenue Assurance and Business intelligence analytics experience beneficial
- Extensive Entrepreneurial experience and with growing Start-ups
- Strong leadership skills, project management skills and problem solving skills.
- Management of technology teams including mentoring, assessment and training
- Lead one or more delivery teams including BA, Test and Development.
- Experience transition from Waterfall to Agile.
- Practical application of agile delivery across the entire software delivery process
- Detailed working experience of Scrum and Kanban
- Detailed working experience of test driven development including generation of specifications and automation of testing (unit and regression)
- Familiar with service based architecture and ideally been involved in migration away from database centric monolithic architecture to an open API driven platform.
- Broad technology experience including
- Oracle / APEX
- Large scale Databases
- Web services - API's etc.
- Cloud - horizontal scaling
- Unix based platforms
- Application Monitoring
Salary Range: £70,000 - £80,000 pa
Location: Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.