cGBP35k to GBP42k + car allowance, Pension, Phone, laptop, 33 days holidays
35 hours per week
My client provides testing and advisory services across the globe, supporting organisations with all calibration, testing and advisory services on a variety of products. A fantastic role has come available for a Technical Manager to manage a small team within this membership body. Someone from the furniture or furnishings industry would be ideal with strong technical understanding of standards and legislation governing product testing.
- To manage and provide leadership to a small team of consultants within the International business
- To produce weekly and monthly reports on the Consultancy division to support the General Manager
- Represent the Association at consultation and standards meetings and become recognised by industry as one of its leading technical experts
- Provide fee generating technical consultancy to clients including, but not limited to, audits, risk assessments, expert witness work, training and specification reviews
- To be adaptable and do project work and business support services in a range of disciplines
- Provide technical support to the operational, sales and marketing departments within the association Develop and grow any future opportunities so that they can subsequently be delivered as viable services, projects or products
What Are We Looking For?
- A broad experience of retail and /or manufacturing in the furniture and furnishings sector
- The ability to learn, assimilate and communicate new technical competencies
- Technical knowledge and excellence in standards/legislation, with special reference to product testing, quality, sustainability and the environment
- Capable of mixing with all levels within in the industry and confident to assume a position of technical competence
- An ability to manage and develop teams
- Experience of working at a technical, legislative or environmental level within the furniture industry
- An ability to learn, assimilate and communicate new technical competencies
- Relevant graduate or related qualifications
- Ability to grasp both financial and business concepts
- Holder of a clean full UK driving licence
Who Are We Looking For?
- Capable of communicating with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Good prioritisation to reach decisions quickly and effectively
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change - committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Disciplined, dependable, reliable; able to produce consistently high quality written reports
- Ability to understand and balance commercial and financial pressures
- Committed to delivering work to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible, willing and capable of learning new skills and technologies to reflect changing business needs
- Able to travel extensively within the UK and, on occasions, abroad
This is a superb role for someone to showcase their expertise within the areas of furniture product testing and legislation.
Collective Recruit are working as an agency on behalf of our client. Please apply now or contact the team at Collective Recruit ltd for more info.