Marketing Performance Analyst - Central London
This is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards which others try to emulate. Consistently delivering strong growth and exceptional returns and recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. Well-known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. The customer base is diverse, unique and united by the ability to provide specialist, tailored insurance solutions.
This role will be based within the UK marketing team and provide analysis and insights to drive improved performance. You will become the go-to person for the querying, analysis and interpretation of performance and customer data to drive marketing optimisations.
The Marketing Performance Analyst will be responsible for delivering actionable insights on customers and their purchase behaviour to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing, drive customer lifetime value and improve the customer experience. You will help make the business more self-aware, empowered and clear on the return on marketing investment.
Your nature will drive you to have an impact and get things done, defining how the business should be working with data and who can take the initiative, rather than simply take requirements.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Helping to define, document, and challenge all of the measures by which success of marketing and its impact on business performance is judged
- Working with business stakeholders to learn about day-to-day decisions, how decisions through better metrics can be improved and set-up a suite of KPIs, dashboards and reports to service needs
- Designing, managing and sharing reports and dashboards that track marketing performance
- Interrogating performance and customer data on a continual basis, highlighting changes in key metrics that require further investigation
- Providing actionable insights to marketing team colleagues and agency partners to influence evolution of marketing programmes and improvements to the customer journey
You will offer the following;
- Expertise in SQL query tools
- Expertise in Excel
- Expertise in use of Tableau (though expertise in other automated data visualisation software will be considered)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Understanding of Attribution modelling
- Experience in Econometric Modelling and/or Predictive Analytics is of interest
If you are skilled in and enjoy analysing and drawing valid conclusions from numerical data, this is a great environment to challenge your skillset and fulfil career objectives.
Apply today for a full brief and consultation with a member of the team.