Mobile ICT Technician
Looking for a new and exciting role within the Education ICT sector to deepen your IT Knowledge?
Read more... Our client a reputable ICT Service Provider based in South West London is seeking an experienced ICT Technician to join its ever growing technical team. The successful candidate will be assigned a client portfolio of between 5 and 10 customers. The candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of their ICT systems. The candidate will also be working with others in a team on projects throughout the year. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2-5 years, verifiable experience as a full-time ICT Technician and will have the aim to work long term with the company in developing their role in this exciting and fast growing company.
To maintain, update & support various ICT networks
- provide support for the servers & associated routines & to provide hardware & software support for workstations
- monitor the efficiency of networks
- maintain all ICT related peripherals
- Inform management of supplies & product requests from clients (this would typically include printer supplies, electronic media & computer systems, development plan requests)
- maintain a fully up to date inventory (where required) of all hardware & software at client sites
To meet every clients’ customised ICT requirements
- Meet all clients’ individual & specific ICT requirements
- Ensure clients’ ICT facilities are maintained in accordance with their specific requirements
- Develop system specific projects by means of open source software (if needed)
- Further maintain & develop all parts of clients’ ICT systems
- The ability to manage small to medium sized projects
To complete installation of new & existing software packages across the networks
- Install software on PCs, locally or via software distribution tools
- Perform complete installations of new PCs
- Install, configure & maintain anti-virus software across the network
- Ensure all systems are up to date with software & service packs
- Set up new PCs & other hardware as required & to make sure that all newly set up hardware is left in a "ready" state for client use
To provide technical support for all clients
- Administer user groups & accounts
- Manage network wide settings / administer & configure email accounts
- Configure & maintain all software applications for consistent use
- Provide support to users in the use of the school’s Management Information Systems
- Replace consumable items such as printer toners
- Provide advanced support on client systems to include assistance with server setups
Assist in user development where required including specific systems training to users on technical & non-technical levels
- Offer advice & training to system users
- Explain & illustrate computer related issues in a jargon free manor to non-experienced users
Any other appropriate duties in consultation with the management.
Summary of Requirements Technical Skill Requirements:
- Operational knowledge of ICT hardware & software & the integration of the two
- Operational knowledge of Windows and Mac OS environments (7 / 8.1 / 10 / Mac OSX / iOS) & Windows Server 2008/2012 R2, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Working knowledge of mobile devices - Android / Windows / iPhone
- Working knowledge of Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi · Working knowledge of cloud technologies - Google for Education, Office 365, Azure and more
- Strong knowledge of Group Policy management
- Strong knowledge of User profiles, Roaming & Mandatory
- Technical knowledge of Apple Mac hardware & software (including Mac OSX/iPod/iPhone)
- Working knowledge of common user applications: including Microsoft Office applications (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016), Internet Explorer, Other web browsers
- Established skill set for network communications, network switching hardware - diagnosing faults, switch configurations, efficiently design topologies
- Occasionally install network cabling and interactive white board / projector systems (on the job training will be given)
- Working knowledge of Audio Visual systems to include - audio hardware / projectors / TVs / Interactive Whiteboards / Interactive Screens
- Ability to identify & replace faulty hardware
- • Ability to confidently use imaging software such as Microsoft WDS and MDT
- Minimum 2 Years experience of client facing IT Support role within the education sector · This job involves travelling between client sites therefore the use of a reliable personal vehicle (mileage will be paid) is required.
- Full UK Driving Licence required
Does this sound like your next career choice? APPLY TODAY!
Submit your CV and covering letter today and one of our experienced consultants will be in touch to discuss the role. Successful candidates may be shortlisted for a brief telephone interview.
GreatFind Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.