Housekeeper, Live-Out, UHNW Residence
Experienced Housekeeper sought to care for period home in Mayfair. This is a large property over several levels, with a lot of stairs, so you must be fit and active The family are based overseas and visit occasionally. There are 2 children aged 9 & 11 yrs. The main aspects of the role are to keep the home cleaned and cared for to a high standard and to assist with the family’s needs and requirements when they are in residence.
- High standard of housekeeping, following a planned, detailed deep cleaning schedule to ensure top condition at all times
- Daily monitoring of home for maintenance and needed repairs
- Sweep small patio, wipe down outdoor furniture in summer
- Prepare for visits - make-up beds, ensure linens, towels, toiletries in place, purchase groceries
- During visits continue with usual daily housekeeping, including emptying bins, plumping cushions etc., ensuring rooms presentable at all times
- Laundry , ironing, dry cleaning, polish shoes
- Work with the Lady of the House and PA to ensure desired groceries and simple family meals are provided. Light, healthy meals e.g. soup, salads, fish/chicken and vegetables. Nothing complicated.
The Housekeeper must be vigilant and proactive, able to think ahead as to what might be helpful for the family and taking note of any issues within the house that need to be rectified by the maintenance man (too hot/ cold, fridge not to temperature, light bulb to be changed etc.).
- Previous housekeeping experience within an UHNW home or relevant 5* hotel experience
- High standards and commitment to keeping the home clean
- High standard of hygiene·
- Able to provide a top level of service and taking pride in your work
- A caring and considerate nature, wanting to do your best and help others
- Logical and straightforward, embracing the schedule in place and working through in a structured manner.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to use and comfortable with emails and WhatsApp
- Positive attitude, calm and patient
- Possessing initiative and ability to plan ahead
- Enjoys working within a small team
- Child friendly
- An interest in cooking simply, healthy family meals
- Ability to occasionally travel to help out a main residence overseas helpful
- Driver helpful but not essential.
- You must be in the UK and available for in person interviews.
Start ASAP. Excellent salary DOE.
5 day week M-F, 7 am to 4 pm with flexibility for occasional weekends as needed when family in residence.