Accounts Assistant - Guildford
Aristar Consulting specialises in providing accountancy & finance support to the SME recruitment sector. The business has doubled in size over the last 12 months and our people are the biggest factor in that success. We now have a high performing finance team of 15 people based in Central Guildford.
Recruitment is a fast paced industry and the daily exposure to multiple clients results in a busy, challenging workplace. Whilst everyone works hard we have a relaxed culture; we are dress down every day, we have a table tennis table in the office, we have a weekly staff boot-camp in Stoke Park with a personal trainer and we have an office dog!
Whilst experience in finance is desirable, it is not essential. We’re looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic individual who will learn on the job to help manage a portfolio of clients.
The role spans both accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and the tasks include the following:-
- Processing timesheets from contractors, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to clients and ensuring that the candidates are paid for their time in line with clearly defined terms;
- Raising sales invoices for permanent placements on a daily basis;
- Liaising directly with our portfolio of clients to ensure a regular and accurate flow of billing information;
- Working closely with the management accounts team to ensure accuracy of reporting;
- Liaising with credit control and identifying issues in an effort to drive client cash flow;
- Addressing issues and problem solving where necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbally. You will have day to day contact with an incredibly diverse range of contractors, from junior accounts clerks through to CEO’s, HR Directors & Finance Directors.
- The ability to adapt to new systems and processes is a necessity.
- Time management and organisation skills are very important.
- High attention to detail
We have a strong track record of promoting from within. So, if you want to work in a business where you can genuinely define your career path by your own hard work then please get in touch.