Policy Advisor - Finance
Morgan Hunt are working with an established Financial Membership Body that are looking to recruit a Policy Advisor to work on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The post-holder will be based in Central London and will be offered £50,000 pro rata.
- To support the Head of Asset Finance in developing policy and promoting the asset finance industry.
- Provide secretariat support for Asset Finance team Committees and Groups.
- Preparation of agendas, papers, minutes and booking speakers and providing logistical and administrative support to roundtables and other policy events.
- Act as a point of contact for members on asset finance issues, including the preparation of responses to consultation papers and briefings.
- Update Members on all the latest regulatory issues as they happen, primarily via email and website updates.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and together with the Head of Finance consider initiatives that may give rise to income-producing events.
- Attend external meetings with business groups, regulators, government officials and politicians.
- Assist in identifying potential member firms.
- Manage complaints process.
- Manage the members' database.
- Knowledge and experience of public policy.
- Understanding of regulatory environment and financial services.
- Experience of working within a Trade Association environment/ regulatory environment or Whitehall policy department.
- Ability to grasp technical issues and interpret and communicate them clearly and concisely using oral and written media to do so.
- Knowledge of leasing.
- Awareness of financial accounting and related corporate tax issues.
- Relationship management skills.
- Good time management in order to deliver projects to timetable.
- Ability to work independently or on a collaborative basis.
Please apply ASAP if you would like to be considered ASAP. The client is looking to move quickly and looking to have someone in post by March 2017.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.