Audit Manager - Public Sector
A global top 10 accounting firm, who are experiencing significant and prolonged growth, have a brand new opportunity in their Public Sector audit team. The firm are already one of the most established public sector auditors, but are striving to become the most reputable in their field in the country.
I am recruiting for an Audit Manager, who will head up a sizeable portfolio of public sector clients. The firm are currently in the process of tendering for several key accounts and require someone with vast experience of the public sector market as well as the gravitas to manage a growing team.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) and will have had experience of managing staff as well as a portfolio of clients.
- Ensure partners review and sign off planning papers, to ensure fieldwork of the audit can start within a timely manner
- Manage the audit process, including budgets and timescales, as well as completing required forms, providing commentary on accounts, summarising outstanding points to managers, analytical review, passing file to partner for review, and finalise all review points
- Plan assignments in accordance with ISAs using the software provided and review planning undertaken by audit seniors
- Assist the audit partner in setting and communicating the audit strategy to the audit team
- Review and approve budgets and monitor performance against budgets in conjunction with engagement partner
- Responsible for day-to-day staff planning, ensuring the right level of technically qualified staff are booked on to each audit assignment for the appropriate amount of time
- Review and complete job appraisals for staff, assisting in identifying development needs and opportunities
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.