Graduate Business Manager North West Food Ingredients
My client is a leading UK based food ingredient and functional chemical supplier serving small, medium and large blue chip sized global organisations with an extensive range of products.
My client operates out of a state of the art, purpose built distribution facility strategically positioned to serve sector specific customers nationally. Sectors include Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care and Industrial.
The business is growing quickly and they are looking to expand their commercial team.
Graduate Business Manager
Suitable for a recent grad with 1-2 years commercial experince. Full Product training provided.
Location: Field Based
Calling on existing business and hunting new business with the fmcg manufacturing sector.
We are seeking motivated, focused, passionate self-starters who have a natural ability to build rapport at all levels. As a tenacious sales person you will be passionate about providing excellent customer service, securing new business that is profitable and maintaining existing turnover through demonstrable account management skills.
As a Business Manager you will be responsible for the management of an existing customer portfolio across multiple sectors, ensuring the existing business is maintained and increased in line with our growth targets. Part of the role will be to seek out prospective businesses to secure revenues through, for the purpose of increasing market share within your designated geographical area.
You will be required to meet with a minimum number of accounts per week, with one day per week allocated for administration. In addition, you will be required to attend monthly meetings at head office and may occasionally be required to stay away at team meetings in alternative regions.
The role will involve the submission of weekly reports and journey plans that include set objectives to the Head of External Sales. Working collaboratively with the internal sales team you will discuss customer account activities, and how best to approach the customer and provide the very best level of customer service.
A good level of commercial acumen is essential. There will be a requirement to present financial data back to the team for the accounts in which you are responsible at monthly team meetings, and to analyse customer data.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious sales professional to join a leading UK company during a period of expansion supported by significant financial investment.
- Maintain and increase sales through effective relationship management of new and existing customers.
- Achieve/exceed targets set by the Head of External Sales for the region.
- Conduct a minimum of '10’ customer meetings per week.
- Keep regular dialogue with the Head of External sales and update on business activities.
- Complete visit, journey and activity reports and submit weekly.
- Keep an up to date record of activities using CRM.
- Maintain the business development pipeline to ensure opportunities are followed up.
- Plan for '2’ day monthly accompaniment with the Head of External Sales.
- Attend monthly sales meeting at Kingswinford and prepare relevant data.
- Attend one admin day per week at Head Office.
- Work in collaboration with the Head of External Sales to formulate a strategy for the region.
- Share best practice with all members of the sales team for the purpose of driving business growth.
- Adhere to the set governance policies in relation to expenditure and IT.
- Fmcg manufacturing experience.
- Proven track record in sales/business development.
- Positive can do attitude.
- Desire to progress and succeeded within sales.
- Full clean DL.
What's on Offer
- £20-25k + car + bonus + benefits.
- Excellent career progression.