The role includes design of electronic projects and working with suppliers and manufacturers. You will be responsible for the quality of electronic products, including manufacturing QA and fault troubleshooting.
Our client are a growing design and manufacturing electronics technology business based in Bristol and are looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer to join their busy team
Main responsibilities for the Electronics Engineer will be:
- Design of electronic products for the company
- Work closely with Hardware Manager to ensure electronic systems meet overall project requirements.
- Responsible for quality of electronic system of products.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Defining and be the responsible author for original design specifications for both internal designs and / or third party specifications.
- Planning & monitoring the development life cycle until production release of the assigned electrical designs.
- Communicating to all levels of the organisation project status, highlighting issues and risks with associated mitigation activities.
- Monitoring the performance of prototypes against the design specification as well as initiating modifications to those plans.
- Generate models and drawings (layouts, assemblies, details etc.) based on specifications.
- Contracting manufacture of PCBs.
- Generate and participate in procedure preparation (assembly, prototype testing etc.).
- Advise on the ordering of new tools and equipment for new product validation and production as required.
The successful Electronics Engineer will have:
- Degree-level qualification in electronic engineering
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Electronics Engineer
- Experience of computer peripherals and drivers essential
- Experience of embedded systems and microprocessors (advantage)
- Experience working with electronics manufacturers
£25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience