Bar Shift Leader / Supervisor
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Leader/Supervisor to support the General Manager in the new Truman’s bar at the West Pier in London City Airport. This will be the 1st of many bars and a great opportunity to be part of this project. The main clientele will be daily/weekly business travellers expecting a fast high end service. Exceptional customer service and an understanding of how to drive incremental sales through the bar is a key talent we are looking for.
The Shift leader/Supervisor will support the AM and GM in planning and overseeing all bar operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met. You will be 1st point of contact in the AM/GM absence and maintain /drive the procedures that have been implemented for maximum operating efficiency.
A key requirement of the role is to be able to adjust to different customer flows & needs throughout the day/week at the airport. You will be empowered to make decisions that will drive customers into the bar focusing on different food and drinks options and offers which will fluctuate dependent on the time of day being part of London’s most premium airport
You will be expected to implement promotions which will vary during the day/week and to ensure the products we serve look enticing and delicious throughout the day.
The environment is cutting edge & expectations are high. You will assist in leading a team of 6 in the daily running of an exceptional pre-flight experience. Being an excellent and confident communicator, you will take a hands-on approach to your role and your team. As Shift leader/supervisor you will have a natural ability to lead and support a successful team, and a wealth of beverage knowledge.,
Duties to include:
- Assess development needs and support in the training of staff to meet standards and objectives
- Maximising the potential of the resources you will have at your disposal. This includes a variety of food and drink options, fantastic staff and the best and most authentic beer brands in London, fresh from our very own brewery.
- Set and monitor quality and customer service standards for staff
- Communicate company policy, standards and procedures to staff
- Direct and manage staff members ensuring they are driving sales opportunities for the bar
- Ensure staff operate within company policies
- Organize and adjust staff rotas and schedules in accordance with available resources and labour regulations
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet the high standards we demand and our customers expect
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and positively
- Monitor cleanliness and hygiene of bar area
- Promote and practice compliance with fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and regulations
- Constantly engage with the clients and evaluate their needs sharing the feedback in a constructive way with GM/AM
- Ensure our goals and objectives are met
- Have knowledge about bar or pub, being able to change kegs
Do you have:
- Six months’ experience working in a high volume hospitality, retail or leisure business?
- Have a positive, can-do attitude that will drive sales and positive feedback from our customers
- Are you a genuine people person who cares about delivering great customer service?
- Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment?
- Have you got the ambition to be the best in your field?
- Good communicator, responsible and works well under pressure?