Data Scientist R&D
Data Scientist | R&D
Senior Data Scientist
£80,000 + £9,000 travel allowance
Harnham are working with one of the most exciting online tech companies worldwide in building a central R&D function for the business from scratch. The long-term goal of this Data Science team will be to utilise the latest techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence to automate as many internal processes as possible, ultimately to give customers and improved experience and to deliver valuable business insight. You will work with huge sets of data and be the team responsible for solving the hardest analytical and business problems posed to the business.
THE ROLE - DATA SCIENTIST
You will be:
- Developing and implementing custom algorithms across the website for the company
- Supporting and optimising the recommendation algorithms already in place
- Research, exploring data sets and carrying out proof of concept work
- Manage junior member of the team
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE - DATA SCIENTIST
You must have:
- An MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence or Mathematics
- Experience of working with large volumes of data (preferably online data)
- Experience in programming languages such as R/Python/Scala
- A knowledge of querying languages such as SQL/Hive is advantageous
- Work experience with Hadoop or a similar platform is desirable
£80,000 + £9,000 travel allowance + pension + healthcare
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV via the Apply link on this page.
R, Python, Pandas, Scala, SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, AWS, Kafka, Azure, Algorithm, Optimisation, Recommendation System, Research, Pricing, Marketing, Online, Data Scientist, Data Science, Predictive modelling, Forecasting.